Developed in partnership with Susan Divers, Director of Thought Leadership and Best Practices at LRN, as well as Ethisphere and the Business Ethics Leadership Alliance, this white paper is the outcome of research, discussion sessions, and shared expertise on some of the latest thinking about effective E&C training. The overriding principle to come out of this work was the need to focus on the learner rather than the content. Or put another way, it is time to shift our focus from training and communications to learning and engagement.
Download the report to learn:
- Principal best practices for E&C training
- How to make training more relevant and engaging
- Key concepts from adult learning theory and instructional design methodology
- The connection between training and communication
- The capture and use of data for training measurement