October 10, 2018
After each new corporate scandal, one of the first and most important questions people ask is: Where was the board of directors?
Boards are expected to oversee company ethics and compliance – and they are required to do so in the US by the Federal Sentencing Guidelines and legal precedent like In Re Caremark – but we actually know very little about the real dynamics.
LRN upcoming webinar, What’s the Tone from the Very Top: The Role of Boards in Overseeing Ethics and Compliance — provides deep insight on this important question. And our special guests from the board and leadership practices of Russell Reynolds Associates will give us additional insight into what companies are looking for as they search for new directors.
The webinar will outline our findings — based on the results of in-depth interviews with present and past CECOs of 25 diverse, global companies – on the following questions:
• Do boards really understand E&C programs?
• Do boards have a game plan or strategy for E&C oversight?
• Do boards focus on underlying causes of misconduct?
• What is it about the mindset and backgrounds of board members that helps explain boards’ failures to adequately oversee E&C?
• What can CECOs do to increase their influence with boards?
• Are companies looking for board members with E&C expertise and depth?
• How can CECOs position themselves for board service?