Role: Sales Professional Professional (entry experience)
Location: New York City
Since 1994, LRN has helped 15 million people in 700 companies worldwide navigate complex legal and regulatory environments and foster ethical cultures. LRN’s combination of practical tools, education, and strategic advisement helps companies translate their values into concrete practices and leadership behaviors that create sustainable, competitive advantage. In partnership with LRN, companies need not choose between living principles and maximizing profits, or between enhancing reputation and growing revenue: both are a product of principled performance.
LRN is the trusted partner to leading businesses worldwide, including Pfizer, Dow, Dell, 3M, and DuPont. LRN operates in more than 120 countries, with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Mumbai
The LRN Sales Professional is responsible for generating revenue growth by introducing client leads to LRN’s complex, multi-year education products and solutions. This is a prospecting position requiring a genuine passion for and demonstrated inclination toward sales environments and in particular, cold-calling.
The ideal candidate is smart, assertive, and excited to work in a dynamic environment where s/he will have immediate positive impact on the sales team through efficiently scheduling qualified meeting activities, developing the lead pipeline, shortening the sales cycle, and increasing bookings revenue.
While supporting the greater sales team, the business development professional will gain expertise in all facets of a consultative relationship building—from creating an opportunity funnel to welcoming new partners into the organization. Candidates will receive extensive consultative sales training and development, which will find them well-positioned for advancement in this career trajectory.
- Research accounts, identify key players, and generate interest in LRN products and services
- Generate qualified leads by phone and email, then schedule meetings with targeted accounts
- Bridge pipeline by integrating opportunity development efforts with ongoing marketing campaigns and thought leadership content
- Prepare prospect opportunity sheets for sales team
- Ensure process consistency, rigor, and use of Salesforce.com throughout opportunity life cycle
- Assist field sales team and deploy strengths of LRN colleagues strategically to advance the lead
- Show up every work day with a positive attitude, self-directed style, and diligence
LRN’s culture is a fundamental part of every solution, service and product we build. As a Mission with a Business, we are guided by who we are and who we want to be as much as what we want to achieve.
We aim to attract and hire people who share our core values, and value our mission.
- Are you passionate about inspiring principled, ethical performance?
- Are you committed to constant learning and evolution? Do you want to grow – both intellectually and in scope of responsibility – and operate outside your comfort zone?
- Do you find fulfillment in the impact your work is having beyond day-to-day tasks?
- Do you value integrity, humility, passion, and truth in the workplace? Are you dedicated to fostering an environment of respect, collaboration, transparency, and success?
If so, we’re very much looking forward to meeting you.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in business development, marketing or consulting in a B2B capacity
- Experience targeting senior management at Fortune 1000 companies
- Skill in communicating visionary ideas and concepts with a senior-level audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong phone presence
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and requirements
- Proven ability to establish relationships
- Flexibility in working alone or with team
- Demonstrated high degree of ethics and integrity
BA/BS Degree required
Founded in 1994, LRN is the premier provider of legal, compliance and ethical awareness and education solutions for Fortune 500 companies including, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, e-Bay. LRN is a profitable, privately held company headquartered in Los Angeles, California.