LRN’s Governance, Culture and Leadership Advisory Services practice helps organizations design and progress their journey to evolve human operating systems. We provide strategic advice and support to help leaders and champions orchestrate change within their organizations. We help design the core architecture to create more human companies, and we employ a series of workshops, diagnostic tools and educational methodologies to deepen understanding and embed new ways of leading and modes of behavior at scale. We are committed to the idea that by doing the right thing, companies can generate disproportionate long-term value for all their stakeholders.
LRN is the trusted partner to leading businesses worldwide, including Allstate, Dow, eBay, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, Pfizer and Viacom. LRN operates in more than 120 countries, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London and Mumbai.
We are seeking world-class leaders to come join our mission to fulfill a variety of client-facing and support roles. As a leader, you should find deep resonance with the HOW philosophy (see book and articles by our founder and CEO, Dov Seidman) and be committed to the mission of transforming businesses and organizations based on the notion of outbehaving. More experienced applicants should have expertise in working with senior executives across a range of organizations to help shape and influence their thinking and strategic priorities, developing and delivering long term transformational journeys, and productizing and scaling new learnings and thought leadership. All of our team mates should also appreciate the challenge of building new teams, experimenting with and developing new capabilities, and scaling fast-growing businesses on a global scale. The GCL practice is rapidly growing and developing our offering and offers a highly entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a related field (change management, consulting, innovation, etc.) PLEASE NOTE: opportunities are available for all levels of experience
- Experience with complex organizations and in strategy, innovation, organizational design or change management
- Good track record of execution and delivery
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data and extract insights
- Strong capabilities in creating, building and scaling new solutions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good business acumen and knowledge of business environment
- Expertise in leadership, creativity, social sciences and business / economics
- Education in a related field; advanced education an advantage
- A balance between creativity, lateral thinking, and analytical rigor
- High emotional intelligence and excellent relationship management skills
- Deep intellectual capabilities with potential to shape and influence thought leadership and ideas within and outside the firm
- Driven to achieve excellence, in a self-governing environment that’s rooted in personal integrity, transparency and seizing accountability
- Wide range of personal interests and activities
- High level of integrity and sense of ethics, demonstrated in speech and action
- Additional languages an advantage
Since 1994, LRN has helped 20 million people in 700 organizations worldwide foster ethical cultures and navigate complex legal and regulatory environments. LRN’s combination of practical tools, education and strategic advice helps companies translate their values into concrete corporate practices and leadership behaviors to create sustainable competitive advantage. In partnership with LRN, companies need not choose between living their principles and maximizing profits, or between enhancing reputation and growing revenue: all are a product of principled performance.
Statement of Policy and Program of Affirmative Action – Equal Employment Program:
LRN is committed to diversity in its workforce. LRN is an equal opportunity employer and ensures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability status.